CLASH! Festival – Day 1 -Audience Development. The Positive Impact of Pandemic Situation on Relationship with our Audiences
Day 1 | 8th of December – Curated by 420PEOPLE (Czech Republic)
– Audience Development. The Positive Impact of Pandemic Situation on Relationship with our Audiences.
How has the COVID19 pandemic affected the relationship with the audiences? Which are the strategies cultural organizations, and dance companies in particular, have enrolled to keep on dialoguing with / reaching new target groups? These are some of the questions that will be addressed during the first day of the Festival. 420PEOPLE will discuss with its guests about new online audience development activities, building communities, solidarity with cultural organizations in difficult times.
– Presentation of the Festival day by Václav Kuneš (founder and artistic director of 420PEOPLE).
– Round Table “Audience Development: New Strategies in Time of COVID19 Pandemic”. Led by Petra Kašparová (Czech Rep – 420PEOPLE AD expert), the round table will give specific insight into the AD activities 420PEOPLE has realized within the CLASH! project (seminar, research strategy, workshops). A special topic will be the consequences of the COVID19 pandemic in the development of the AD foreseen, focusing on what changes all partners needed to be faced in terms of implementing plans in the current situation. Practical examples on 420PEOPLE AD’s activities and PR strategy will be displayed.
– Workshop “Audience Development: Strategies and Practices from the Cultural Sector in the Czech Republic”.
Václav Kuneš will moderate the discussion with keynote speakers of the Czech cultural environment. Together with Rosťa Novák (actor, director, performer, choreographer, founder and principal of the new circus ensemble Cirk La Putyka and artistic director of the multifunctional space Jatka78) and Lukáš Jandač (director of the international start-up project GoOut), he will present effective examples of quick adaptation to the COVID19 pandemic consequences.
– Screendance Performance by 420PEOPLE: ORĪGĪ.
The theme of the screendance performance is based on the primordial essence of humanity and the body itself, specifically on what we know about where we come from – whether geographically, ideologically, or sociologically. After meeting something new, we look for a way to adapt (to learn how to adapt). The adaptation is the basic theme of the piece. The plot in the film brings together three dancers (three girls) who have their personal (basic) movement and dance style: a ballerina (classic ballet), a musical dancer (the broadway style) and a martial arts representative (contemporary dance). These three dancers and their diverse styles meet at one point, and the only possible way in which they can work together and communicate is to “adapt to each other”. Thanks to the initial duel (clash!) between the dancers, the new (fourth) style will be created, which will be the only channel of communication. The storyline results in the main and best means of communication being our own body. Finally, the body shows to be the best technology, this is the only possible truth.
Credits. Director: Václav Kuneš – Cinematography: Tomáš Vlček – Concept and choreography: Václav Kuneš – Dancers: Simona Machovičová, Francesca Amante, Fanny Barrouquére – Postproduction: Tomáš Vlček – Costumes: Olo Křížová – Production: Aneta Jochim.
– Co-funded by the Capital City of Prague, the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic, the City District of Prague 7 – Art District 7
– Other partners: the Czech Centers, the Creative Europe Office Prague, GoOut, Cirk La Putyka.