CLASH! Festival – Day 2 – Optimal Training for the Contemporary Dancer & Involvement of the Public in Dancer’s Everyday Life
Day 2 | 9th of December – Curated by Polski Teatr Tańca (Poland)
– Optimal Training for the Contemporary Dancer & Involvement of the Public in Dancer’s Everyday Life.
Is ballet technique so necessary for the contemporary dancer’s training? How can a ballet dancer improve contemporary dance skills? These are some of the questions the Polish Dance Theatre will discuss with its guests, with a focus on the essential elements for the contemporary dancer’s training to make him/herself versatile. With a special focus on Audience Development, experts and keynote speakers will discuss the practices used by institutions to engage the audience in everyday life of a dancer. A crucial aspect tackled will be the education of the public: what is the best age to involve audience in dance? And which are the methods for it? Is there still a way to attract the adults?
– Presentation of the Festival day by Agnieszka Jachym (dancer and coordinator of the CLASH! Project) and the portrait of the Polish Dance Theatre by Iwona Pasińska (Director of PDT)
– Round table: “Choreographers’ Talks on Optimal Training for the Contemporary Dancer and Audience Development Practices”.
The international choreographers, Václav Kuneš (Czech Republic), Maciej Kuźmiński (Poland) and Yoshiko Waki (Germany), will reflect together on which techniques and methods can nurture contemporary dancer training. Furthermore, they will discuss practices how to reach a wider audience and involve its members in dance.
– Screendance Performance by Polski Teatr Tańca: Find the love in the dark.
Within CLASH! project, a visit of the Italian choreographer Davide Valrosso in Poznan was a part of the creative exchange with Balletto di Roma. The dance piece by Davide Valrosso explores the theme of love and the “clash” between good and difficult. The central point of the architecture of the dancing is the red colour, which symbolizes both passion and danger.
Credits: Artists-Dancers of Polish Dance Theatre: Agnieszka Jachym, Jerzy Kaźmierczak, Zbigniew Kocięba; Choreography: Davide Valrosso; Music Composer: Zbigniew Kozub; Director of Cinematography: Marek Grabowski; Editing: Edyta Pietrowska.
– Q&A Session with guests.
– E-teatr.pl, Taniec POLSKA, TVP Kultura, Marshal of the Wielkopolska Region, Mayor of Poznań, Association of the Polish Stage Artists, bodytalk