CLASH! Festival – Day 6 – CLASH! Experience: Lessons Learnt, New Paths and Perspectives
Day 6 | 13th of December – Curated by Sapienza University of Rome and Balletto di Roma
– CLASH! Experience: Lessons Learnt, New Paths and Perspectives. What has the CLASH! project brought to light in terms of shared knowledge and new perspectives between partners and their stakeholders? How has CLASH! project, the dance sector and the overall performing art sector reacted to the COVID19 emergency in terms of digitalization of contents, and which are the good practices we can learn from and capitalize for the future? How is the access to funding changing in response to the new challenges of the cultural sector (sustainability, digitization…)? These are the key questions the last day of the CLASH! International Festival will address. It proposes two international round tables with relevant keynote speakers from the European Commission and important European cultural and dance networks. Finally, it will be performed the videodance piece The Hybrid in Dance Models. Visual Storytelling of Choreographic Creative Processes produced by Sapienza University of Rome.
– Presentation of the Festival day by Letizia Gioia Monda (Sapienza University of Rome – artistic director of the CLASH! International Festival).
– Round Table: “EU Funding for the Cultural Sector: What’s Next?”. What are the policies, programs and funds available for the cultural sector in the forthcoming EU programming period (2021/2027)? Francesca Billi (CLASH! international relations) will moderate a dialogue between three key representatives of the European Institutions: Marta Gutierrez Benet (DG Education, Youth, Sport and Culture – Erasmus+), Willibrord Sluijters (Dg Regio – structural funds) and Pedro Velazquez (DG Education, Youth, Sport and Culture – Creative Europe). The round table aims at providing useful and up-to-date information on the funds available for the culture and dance practitioners.
– Videodance Performance by Sapienza University of Rome: The Hybrid in Dance Models. Visual Storytelling of Choreographic Creative Processes.
The videodance work aims at presenting a visual storytelling of the choreographic creative processes developed by the five dance companies, partners of the CLASH! project. It shows the strategies played by the choreographers/directors to hybrid the dance models and adapt their analog practice into choreographic digital artifacts.
Credits: The Hybrid in Dance Models. Visual Storytelling of Choreographic Creative Processes is a videodance work by Chiara Crupi and Letizia Gioia Monda – Directing and Editing by Chiara Crupi – Dramaturgy by Letizia Gioia Monda. With audiovisual contributions by: Balletto di Roma, 420PEOPLE, Polski Teatr Tańca, Companhia de Dança de Almada, Derida Dance Center.
– Round Table: “Performing Arts and Digital Languages. New Perspectives During and Post COVID-19 Crisis”. Letizia Gioia Monda (adjunct professor of Digital Technologies for Dance and Theatre Performance at Sapienza University of Rome) will moderate the dialogue between three keynote speakers from the most relevant EU cultural networks and organizations. The round table will provide visions, insights and experiences on the role digital technologies are having during COVID-19 pandemic, with a special focus on the process of digitization of dance and choreographic language as part of our culture.
– CAE – Culture Action Europe – Cinedans of Amsterdam